Mountain Coast Aikikai is a not-for-profit, membership-based organization. All membership fees support the existence and operation of the school and should not be considered as payment in exchange for instruction. All instructors, including the chief instructor, volunteer their time - none of the instructors are paid. Mountain Coast Aikikai does not require members to sign long-term contracts. Testing fees are nominal.
Members pay membership fees on a month-to-month basis (or for a longer term, if you choose). Regular members are welcome to train in as many classes as they wish. However, permission of the Chief instructor is required for participation in any of our weapons training programs, such as Aiki-weapons, Iai Batto-ho, or Ryushin Shouchi Ryu Iaijutsu.
Please note that Mountain Coast Aikikai is currently not accepting new beginning students.
However, if you have some Aikido training experience and are interested in exploring what we have to offer, you are welcome to contact us to arrange to visit the dojo.
Monthly membership dues for adult regular members are as follows:
A. Aikido: $95 per month | $76 for students | $96 for a second family member.
B. RSR Iaijutsu: $40 per month | $32 per month for students | $32 per month for a second family member.
C. Combined Aikido + RSR Iaijutsu: $120 per month | $96 per month for students | $96 per month for a second family member
There are two ways to sign up and pay for ongoing monthly memberships:
1. By Interac e-Transfer to the dojo email address
2. By Paypal electronic payment, using your credit card or Paypal account* (*Note: this option includes an extra $4 CAD per month transaction fee.)
• Sign up to the Dojo Members Mailing list so we can keep you informed of dojo news and events.
• See the Fee Payment Options section below for important information about our Membership Fee Policy.
DROP IN/VISITOR TRAINING FEES
Visitors who are members in good standing of another Aikido school may join us for training on a drop-in basis.
Prospective visitors are requested to contact the dojo in advance of your intended drop-in visit.
• Visitors who are current members of Birankai, Canadian Aikido Federation, or US Aikido Federation: $10 per class
• Visitors who are not members of Birankai, Canadian Aikido Federation, or US Aikido Federation: $15 per class
Annual fees for registration with Mountain Coast Aikikai, Birankai Canada and Birankai North America are included in the ongoing monthly membership fee.
SEMINAR & WORKSHOP FEES
• Mountain Coast Aikikai periodically hosts special seminars, training intensives or workshops, conducted by guest instructors or by our chief instructor.
• Dojo members are encouraged to attend these seminars whenever possible, but participation in these events is not mandatory.
• When the dojo hosts such events, participants may be charged a fee to help cover the costs of operating and hosting the event.
FEE PAYMENT OPTIONS
• Dojo fees may be paid by monthly Interac E-transfer, by scheduled Pre-Authorized Electronic Transfer via Paypal, or by cheque or cash payment at the dojo.
The preferred method of payment for monthly membership fees is via Interac E-Transfer or PayPal electronic payment* (*Note: Paypal electronic payment option includes a $4 CAD transaction fee).
FEE PAYMENT POLICY
• Monthly membership fees are due by the 1st of each month, for the upcoming month of membership.
• Fees must be paid before participating in any class at the dojo.
• Annual fees are included in monthly membership fees for regular members.
• Mountain Coast Aikikai has a no refund policy. Membership fees are non-refundable.
• If it becomes necessary to be away from the dojo for any length of time and you wish to temporarily stop your membership fee obligation,
please make your plans known to the Chief Instructor before your leave of absence. A membership hiatus may only be granted if notification is received in advance of the planned leave.
• Late Payments: Membership fees received late (i.e. after the 1st of the month) will be assessed alate fee of $15.00for each payment that is overdue.
• Testing and Promotion Fees: Test fees are nominal and vary by rank. All testing fees must be submitted with a test application, at least one week in advance of the test date.
• Fees for registration of rank must be paid separately to the dojo, when a rank has been awarded. Please contact the dojo for information on kyu and dan ranking fees.
• Returned Payments: A charge of $25.00 will be assessed for all dishonored or returned cheques or payments.