NOTE: Mountain Coast Aikikai is not accepting new beginning students, at this time.
If you have previous experience in Aikido (preferably at an intermediate level), are sincerely interested in exploring Aikido training in an environment that combines a semi-traditional training approach with a "laboratory" environment, please contact us to make an arrangement to visit the dojo.
Mountain Coast Aikikai is a not-for-profit, membership-based organization. None of the instructors are paid - all instructors volunteer their time.
Permission of the Chief instructor is required prior to participation in any of our training activities.
Membership fees are paid on a month-to-month basis (or for a longer term, if you choose).
Please contact the dojo for the current schedule of membership fees.
DROP IN/VISITOR TRAINING and FEES
Aikidoists who are members in good standing of another Aikido school may join us for training on a drop-in basis. Please contact the dojo in advance of your visit.
• Current members of Birankai, Canadian Aikido Federation, or US Aikido Federation: $10 per class
• Visitors who are not members of Birankai, Canadian Aikido Federation, or US Aikido Federation: $15 per class
Annual fees for registration with Mountain Coast Aikikai, Birankai Canada and Birankai North America are included in the monthly membership fee.
Annual fees for membership in Ryushin Shouchi Ryu International are collected separately and are due in March of each year. Contact the dojo for the current fee schedule.
SEMINAR & WORKSHOP FEES
• Mountain Coast Aikikai periodically hosts special seminars, training intensives or workshops, conducted by the chief instructor or visiting guest instructors.
• When such events ar offered, participants may be charged a fee to help cover the costs of operating and hosting the event.
FEE PAYMENT OPTIONS
• Dojo membership fees and other fees may be paid by Interac E-transfer, or by cheque or cash payment at the dojo.
• The preferred method of payment for monthly membership fees is via Interac E-Transfer.
FEE PAYMENT POLICY
• Monthly membership fees are due by the 1st of each month, for the upcoming month of membership.
• All fees owing must be paid in full, prior to being permitted to participate in any training activities.
• Annual fees are included in monthly membership fees for the Aikido program for regular members.
• Annual fees for membership in Ryushin Shouchi Ryu International are collected separately and are due in March of each year.
• Late Payments: Membership fees received late (i.e. after the 1st of the month) will be assessed a late fee of $15.00 for each payment that is overdue.
• Mountain Coast Aikikai has a no refund policy. Membership fees are non-refundable.
TESTING AND PROMOTION FEES
• Test fees are nominal and vary by rank. All testing fees must be submitted with a test application, at least one week in advance of the test date.
• Fees for registration of rank are paid separately to the dojo after a rank has been awarded. Contact the dojo for information on the current process and fee schedule for registering kyu and dan ranks.
• Returned Payments: A charge of $25.00 will be assessed for all dishonored or returned cheques or payments.